Friday, March 12, 2010

When Movies Didn't Suck


Yadda, yadda. Health care reform, Massa, snorkeling. Massa. Torture, what torture? According to the Ninth Circuit, "one nation under God" doesn't amount to a government espousal of superstition. Pay no attention to the trillions going out the door to our wars. It's all sooooo depressing, enraging I can't really watch the news. Even Olberman and Rachel are pretty tame and sucky. Prince Larry is way too into Massa's Satanic gayness. I can't stay up for Jon and Colbert, so I have to catch them on the intertubes.


Lately I've just been turning on TCM and zoning to long ago and far away. The cat loved Fred and Ginger in The Gay Divorcee, and last night I loved The Lady Eve, a Preston Sturgess sendup, much inform it seemed to me, by the more madcap side of Jane Austen. Barbara Stanwyck is to die for, and the actual snake gets to do several comic turns!


1 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger Philip McCavity said...

Ella and I went to see Percy Jackson last night and Uma Thurman had a good comic turn as Medusa. Her snaky hair was unfurled several times to amusing effect.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home