Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Littlest Tea Partier


Now, back in the golden days of my youth in Dixie, I well remember seeing "Whites Only" signs and blacks-only schools (always the most dilapadated in the district). Once when I myself was in "high" school, my friends and I decided to go out to the big Klan rally and and toke up on the little hill overlooking the festivites. It's hard to recall what we felt as we watched the big cross go up in orange flames. Certainly we knew that, even by the benighted standards of Newport News, the folks down there at the rally were pathetic assholes and losers, but dangerous in a group. This I can say however: when I see the Tea Partiers I get the exact same vibe. Not surprisingly, the GOP is on its knees for these people -- a logical extension of the Southern Plan.


Photo courtesy Mother Jones: there's a whole photo-essay. I recommend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home