Saturday, April 02, 2011

Newt Is a Four-Letter Word


Newt Ginrgrich, is one of the lowest forms of life in the universe, and yet he is regarded with awe by the even lower forms of life, American journalists and Republicans. He thinks that just because he's well documented in all sorts of sworn testimony as a total sleazebag who (let us never forget) served his wife with divorce papers when she was in the hospital with cancer, doesn't think any of this should disqualify him as President. I must admit to being really stuck by his recent "hard working/county lover" defense of his sleazebaggery.


"There's no question at times of my life, partially driven by how passionately I felt about this country, that I worked far too hard and things happened in my life that were not appropriate," said Gingrich, who has been married three times and has admitted having extramarital affairs. "And what I can tell you is that when I did things that were wrong, I wasn't trapped in situation ethics, I was doing things that were wrong, and yet, I was doing them." Gingrich said he "felt compelled to seek God's forgiveness. Not God's understanding, but God's forgiveness."


So much bullshit in one line. The only thing Newt feels passionately about is the pleasures and perks of Newt. Newt hasn't the slightest idea what is good about America, and what is not good -- principally assholes like himself -- and he sure doesn't feel passionately about the salutary abstractions and marginal moral gains that recommend America. And I can't really see Newt working hard at anything. Maybe he endures long hours of having his ass kissed, but apart from that, where is the evidence he's ever worked hard at anything but Narcissism? But what really gets me is "things happened in my life that were not appropriate." He quickly goes on to say 'I wasn't trapped in situational ethics' except that he just explained that in his situation (which turned his virtues into liabilities) "things happened." He didn't do them, you see; they happened. He wants to rationalize, but he also wants credit for refusing to. A complete sociopath, just like all Bush's closest cronies, utterly incapable of moral self awareness.


Every thief, parasite, sadist and miser has as creed a puerile sophistry which makes his predations and self-inlulgences not only logical but laudable.


I gotta hand it to Newt, he even manages to slime God with his notion of forgiveness, no small achievement. I never have liked the idea that no matter what we do, it's cool with Jesus. That kind of God isn't really a force for good in the universe -- good thing He's only imaginary.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home